I JUS WOKE UP IN A ROOM WIT CENTRAL HEATING. I BEEN ASLEEP FOR 23 HOURS. NOW I NEED 2 GO DJ AT A CLUB CALLED OSCAR VIP VSOP. THAT IS NOT ON MA LIST THO.
BUT WUT IS GOOD?
FRIDAY – WHAT HAPPENED? NOT A TON GOING ON.
1. BRITISH METAL PARTY AT INFERNO WITH MY FRIEND MIKE DJing (HE NOT A DJ BUT I GUESS WITH METAL U JUST CHOOSE THE SONGS U LIKE??). THEY HAVE GOOD CRAFT BEER ON DRAFT TOO.
2. SOME GERMANS GONNA PLAY ACOUSTIC TECHNO AT 390 BAR. SOUNDS SERIOUS.
1. VOID @ SHELTER W/UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE – WHERE WERE U IN ’07??? WAS U ON YONGFU LU? I WAS. BACK THEN THE STREET WAS NOT A CESSPOOL. NO PIMPS, PUSHERS, PROSTITUTES, OR BROS. MR HONEY? NOPE, JUST THE SHELTER.
THE VOID CREW R D REALIST. THEY WILL LOSE MONEY TO FLY A DETROIT LEGEND OUT HERE TO PLAY TECHNO IN A DARK BASEMENT CAUSE THEY LOVE THAT SHIT. THEY BROUGHT UNDERGROUND RESISTANCE HERE ON SHELTER’S OPENING NIGHT AND THEY DOIN IT AGAIN FOR THE SHELTER FIVE-YEAR ANNIVERSARY ON SATURDAY NIGHT. PEEP THIS QUOTE FROM VOID FOUNDER SHANGHAI ULTRA:
“The Shelter opening five years ago was the best thing ever to happen to alternative music in China. Void is as awesomely proud to be a part of it today as we were in 2007 when the place opened. Gaz and Gary deserve much respect for sticking to thier guns and dedicating the place to quality music when they could have sold out long ago and made much more money bringing in big name cheesy DJs, but they’ve kept it real.
If The Shelter was based in London or New York or Berlin, it would be considered a top rate venue due to the quality of acts who have played there over the years. But the fact its based in Shanghai means its phenomenal in terms of the talent there.
Void is well chuffed to have done our bit by throwing some classic parties in the place, we hope to continue to bring the best artists around as long as we can.”
TODAY’S TRACK COME’S FROM SHANGHAI AND VOID’S VERY OWN MHP – JUST GOT RELEASED ON VINYL ON DETROIT LABEL CRATESAVERS INTERNATIONAL!
2. TIGA @ ARKHAM – THE STD PROMOTION GROUP WAS A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF “I RESPECT UR HUSTLE BUT HATE UR MUSIC AND WHY DO U DJ ON ABLETON???
THAT WAS UNTIL ABOUT 1.5 YEARS AGO WHEN THEY STARTED BOOKING ACTS I REALLY RESPECT, LIKE TEENGIRL FANTASY AND SHONEN KNIFE (NOT ALL THE TIME THOUGH – AIRPLANE BOYS? WUT WAS DAT??), STARTED PLAYING BETTER MUSIC, AND GOT MY FRIEND AD08 DJing @ A LOT OF SHOWS. NOT TO MENTION OPENED TWO VENUES (ARCADE & ARKHAM), SO NOW IT’S LIKE “I REALLY RESPECT UR HUSTLE N U R PLAYING BETTER MUSIC BUT WHY ARE U STILL DJing ON ABLETON?? IS THAT EVEN FUN??”
SERIOUSLY I AM REALLY STOKED TO SEE TIGA, ESPECIALLY AFTER READING THIS REVIEW OF HIS NEWEST MIX. U PROBABLY KNOW HIS TRACK “MIND DIMENSION” – IT’S ELECTRO (MORE JUSTICE, LESS AFRIKA BAMBAATAA ) BUT IT’S GOOD.
3. FEVER MACHINE VINYL RELEASE PARTY – DAMN, ERRRYONE IN SHANGHAI IS RELEASING VINYL IN 2012 EXCEPT ME : ( STONER ROCK FROM DAN, MIGUEL, and FABIAN BUT I’M ALSO PUMPED TO HEAR “SPILL YOUR GUTS” A HARDCORE BAND WITH THAT DUDE WHO MAKES REALLY LIGHT BICYCLES DAT ARE ALSO REALLY FASHION.
BUT WUT SOUNDS WACK THIS WEEKEND REALLY??
1. SNEAKY SOUNDSYSTEM @ GEISHA FOR RMB300+ – HERE WE’VE GOT A VERY ETHNICALLY AMBIGUOUS LOOKING FEMALE SINGER AND A POST-HIPSTER LOOKING GENT PLAYING AN “INTIMATE SET” AT THE GEISHA. WHO THA FUK BOOKED THIS? I WILL PAY RMB300 TO SEE LIL B BUT NOT SOME AUSSIES I DUNNO, MAYB I’M JUS BEING A DICK.
2. AMBER LOUNGE – HI AMBER LOUNGE, REMEMBER WHEN U PAID SAL AND I RMB200 (like $27) TO DJ FOR TEN HOURS AND U DIDN’T HOOK IT UP WITH DRINKS? I REMEMBER. MA OUIJA BOARD SAYS YOU WILL NOT BE OPEN THIS TIME NEXT YEAR.
(SHOUT OUT TO C FOR UPPING THE PHOTO QUALITY ON THIS SITE – LORD KNOWS I DIDN’T TAKE THESE PICS WITH MA iPHONE)